Friday, October 26, 2012

Life

Life has been blending into a mix of everything good which makes me refer to my favorite quote,

You must act as if it is impossible to fail. 

That personal mantra has guided some of the most mundane decisions and moments for me lately.  Now when I say mundane, I'm talking about schedules and dinners, finances and everyday decisions that range from disciplining my kids to walking the talk with them and communicating that fine line it takes to create action at home, work, personally, and in the community.   I'm referring to the days when three kids need to be in three different places at the same time, and when the only way to make it work is to give in and say, "One of you is gonna be late."  I'm talking about uneaten lunches made with love and careful picking, and school papers that get returned a day later than the due date.  I'm thinking about the calendars that don't sync and the broken dishwasher and the thought I have from the corner of my brain that says, "We can do without," only to be hit by my conscience every time I don't bother to fill the double sink with soap and rinse water.  

I am trying to run a life that does not fail, and so everyday I proceed as if it is impossible to fail.  And even when I do, I know I'm personally not a failure;  I don't treat myself like a failure - I simply move on, turn my optimism on and appreciate the blend of this rich and busy life I'm living (and loving).  


No comments:

Post a Comment