Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pay Back

My life was changed forever when Misa and John-Pio were born.  I wasn't sure how I would manage to continue climbing at the same pace and intensity.  Yet somehow I managed - but not without the support of Brad and my friends.

Today's climbing at Devils Lake brought back memories of times when the kids were young.  Stacey and Pat came up with Zoey.  It seemed like the most natural thing in the world to have kids up at the crag, and with Zoey, it was all the more special.  I was reminded of the hundreds of days when some of my best friends kept the kids at bay while Brad or I took a turn on rope, or a boulder problem.  Some days were better than others, but everyone seemed to be doing more than just tolerating the kids - they were and continue to be so present to them.

With Zoey's good natured little self, it was a joy to watch Brad make her laugh while Patrick and Stacey got in some routes.  Here's to paying it back.  Thanks friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment