Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Training



September is overwhelming.  And while schedules and activities are not any different in October, I feel like I am finally able to breathe.  Maybe it's that fall has come gradually and hopefully, and with the changing of seasons, I feel like opening the cage door to let in all the colors, the variety, and the newness.

Ah.

The big picture!

So what's new here?  So much.  Since this blog is about climbing, culture, cheese and professional living, I wanted to say something about climbing.  Thanks to Katie, I actually got some consistent training sessions in and all I have to say is that I am not the only one who is out and about at 5:30am.  Bold and bright-eyed athletes are out there running and riding along the bike path, and the rowers are out in full form too.

In the climbing gym there was a lot packed into an hour-plus, and for me, it's been worth it.  Training gives me confidence and naturally, strength.  And I am pretty sure my mind has been opened to heel hooks, bumps, hollow holds, pull ups, frenchies, and maximum effort.  Basically, techniques and moves I often fail at during performance.

After this week, it's break time.  And then we'll train again after a little rest and recovery (mostly from our 5:30am sessions . . . )

No comments:

Post a Comment