Days have passed and I'm still thinking about the people of Newtown, CT. Some thoughts as Brad and I were talking . . .
1) I want an assault weapons ban
2) I want a background check and waiting period before buying a gun
3) I want mandatory training for handgun safety
4) I want ammunition controls
5) I want government monitoring on large gun purchases like they do for fertilizer and black gun powder, now)
6) I want incentives to turn in weapons when the owners die
7) I want mental health monitoring
8) I want funds for mental health outreach programs
9) I want to find the loners, and I want people to help report loners
10) I want people to be brave and confident to be part of a "see something, say something" program
In all, I want us to make the gun culture uncool. Use advertising, media and pop culture to stamp it into people's minds that guns are uncool.
That's what's on my mind.