Friday, June 17, 2016

Post June Short Reflection

Writing can be so easy and so hard especially without a purpose. It's now post end-of-2015-16-school year and I need to reflect at least upon the last month of school.

I finally read in detail all of their evaluations about my English Language Arts class. The overriding theme for literacy is they really liked learning about issues. They gave positive insight about writing themes and there were several students who reported their academic notebooks was something that made them feel proud. Writing back to them was a value, and the notebook check-ins with feedback was valuable too. Most declared reading, writing, and listening to poems as their fave.

Here are parts of their evaluations:





I said this a few hundred times - I had a hard year and I didn't think these words would ever come out of my mouth, but I am already looking forward to teaching these students next year. That's a pretty good feeling.


No comments:

Post a Comment