Monday, August 8, 2016

Postcard Poetry

After a three week vacation to see my family in CA and Brad's family in AZ, we've been home for most of July. We'll be leaving in a few days for one last trip to CO and WY.  There's been a lot of urban and trail running, hanging around, and some climbing going on. Every time I think about that one or two domestic chore, I put it off 'til the next time. 

In the meantime, I've read a lot of books including the new literature series our district adopted (I am totally unenthusiastic about the anthologies but I think my students will like the stories ...). I got super amped after the Hip Hop in the Heartland institute. And this month, I am doing a Poetry Postcard challenge where I write a poem a day to a stranger on a list and send it off to them. It's like an exchange - so far, I've received some great poems from strangers in this big amazing world. 

Here is a beautiful poem from someone on my list. It's funny how poetry and writing brings strangers together. 



Hope you all are having a great August! 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment