Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Letter P

It's fitting that tomorrow is P day and that it coincides with Poetry - not pajama day, which is what P means to John-Pio tomorrow.  I would feel so strange if I didn't honor the remarkable poet Maya Angelou.  I'm here to do it through music - songs that show respect to Maya Angelou as a poet and lyricist.

#acrossmusicgenres

Caged Bird by Alicia Keys
Phenomenal Woman by Olivia Newton-John
I'll Rise by Ben Harper
Still I Rise by 2Pac + Outlawz

I've read so many wonderful posts and tributes to Maya Angelou today prompting me to make a new playlist with songs by artists that have saluted her.  Here's just four of them.  I hope you'll also get a chance to read this awesome article posted in Slate Magazine on Maya Angelou and Hip Hop!

#poetlegacy #lyricist



No comments:

Post a Comment